PL / PLX
Digital DC Motor Controller
- PL – 2 Quadrant
- PLX – 4 Quadrant
- Current: up to 2250 Amps
- Power: 980kW/1320HP
Quality Motor Control for Powerful Applications
Take control of the most demanding motor control applications. With 2 Quadrant and 4 Quadrant models, you can use the PL/X to control DC motors up to 2250 Amps.
High Voltage models are available for supplies up to 690VAC.
Easy to Use, Precise and Versatile
A 4 button keypad and large alpha-numeric display make it easier to quickly navigate through an extensive range of software functions.
The PL/X is fully configurable by the user and comes equipped, as standard, with a comprehensive suite of application blocks.
Centre winding macros, spindle orientation and a fully controllable field allow you to control DC motors in a wide range of industrial applications. The PL/X also includes PL Pilot, a windows based, configuration and monitoring software package.
The extensive range of motor protection features improves your productivity by reducing your downtime. And the unique configuration checker quickly detects any conflicts in your own user-generated configurations.
To make it easier for you to integrate the PL/X into your control system, the drives are fully isolated and have a small footprint. The PL/X has a number of fieldbus communications options, including: Profibus, DeviceNet, CC-Link, EtherNet/IP, Modbus and CANopen.
Programmable Peer Control
All PL/X models are compatible with drive.web. The drive.web distributed control technology uses Ethernet and powerful graphical tools to provide robust, Programmable Peer Control (PPC) for drives and systems. The drive.web technology is infinitely scalable and cost effective for systems of any size or complexity. For typical motor control systems, drive.web beats using any PLC on cost, performance and ease of use.
Overview of Models:
- 2 Quadrant PL
- 4 Quadrant PLX
- Control DC motors up to 2250 Amps (980kW/1320HP)
- “PL Pilot” drive configuration and monitoring software included
- Alternative ‘Savvy’ configuration tool with signal flow diagram capability available
- Ultra compact sizes offer significant panel space savings over other manufacturers
- Large 40 character backlit alphanumeric LCD display
- Programming menu is designed for rapid travel to desired parameter using ergonomically designed keys
- Enhanced motor protection
- Built in suite of application blocks
- In depth fault monitoring and comprehensive system alarms
- Easy-to-use menu structure, using English language parameter names
- Real language parameter description eliminates need for look up tables
- Easy to use product manual with display graphics and block diagrams
- UL, CuL and CE approved