Unidrive SP (Servo Mode)
High Performance Servo Drive for Continuous Duty Applications
- Torque: 0.72Nm to 136Nm
- Supply: 200V / 400V / 575V / 690V
Unidrive SP can control a wide range of industrial motors. In Servo mode, the drive operates as a high performance servo amplifier, matched to the Unimotor FM range and optimized for continuous duty applications, due to its high continuous output rating.
Typical continuous duty applications are printing, winding and labeling.
Three Option Modules in Each Drive
Each Unidrive SP can accept up to three SM option modules to allow the drive to be customized to your servo applications, option modules allow motion control, additional encoder feedback and I/O to integrated.
Onboard Motion and Positioning
Control Techniques’ SM-Applications and SM-EZ Motion option modules enable high performance motion / positioning controllers to be integrated within the drive. The position control loops operate at high speed and are synchronized to the drives internal current and speed loop, eliminating delays, which maximizes control performance.
SM-Register is designed to provide a flexible, high performance solution for programmable motion requiring high speed registration features. It is ideal for applications such as printing, packaging and cutting machinery.
Connectivity to Servo Networks
SM option modules allow Unidrive SP to connect to a wide range of high speed servo Fieldbus and Ethernet networks for centralized motion control. Networks include EtherCAT, SERCOS, Profibus, SLM and CANopen.
Integrated Servo Features
Unidrive SP has integrated features that make the product ideal for high performance servo applications:
- Integrated universal encoder interface, able to accept a wide range of encoder types, including incremental, high resolution SinCos and absolute SSI encoders. Additional encoder interfaces can be added through option modules
- On Size 0, 1 and 2, the drive has space for an optional integrated braking resistor with thermal protection. the rating is suitable for the majority of servo applications
- High resolution analogue input for precision control – Bipolar differential analog, 16bit plus sign, 250uS update.
Unidrive SP’s Safe Torque Off (STO) is a functional safety feature which complies with EN/IEC 61800-5-2 SIL 3 and is built in to the drive as standard. When the Safe Torque Off function is active, the drive output is disabled with a high degree of integrity.
- Certified by BGIA and TUV
- Allows the drive to become part of the machine safety system
- Reduces user cost in machine safety controller designs that must comply with EN/IEC 62061 up to SIL 3, EN ISO 13849-1 up to PL e, EN 954-1 category 3 and EN 81-1 for elevators
- Eliminates one or more power contactors
- Eliminates feedback checking arrangement
- Drive can be powered continuously.
Safe Torque Off can form part of an EN 954-1 Category 4 system by adding additional control circuitry.