Unidrive SP Modular
High Power Modular AC Drive
Unidrive SP Modular is the perfect solution developed by Control Techniques for custom power conversion schemes providing flexible system design.
- 45kW to 1.9MW (60HP to 2,800HP)
- 200V / 400V / 575V / 690V
Unidrive SP Modular offers all of the benefits of the Unidrive SP control platform together with maximum power system design flexibility. Drive modulesÂ may be connected together in a variety of ways to create custom power conversion schemes such as, common DC bus systems, active input systems for returning excess energy to the power supply and parallel drives for high power motors.Â The unitsÂ can also be used for bulk power inverters for renewable energy systems.
Unidrive SP control with Modular power system flexibility
Unidrive SP Modular has the same control platform as the Panel Mount drives range, offering three option module slots, integrated automation control and high performance motor control.
Unidrive SP Modular unitsÂ offer maximum reliability, theyÂ mass-produced in high volumes and are provenÂ in a wide range of applications, from high power fans to large cranes, and renewable wave energy systems to metal production.
Flexibility is Modular
The Unidrive SPM range comprises key modules that can be combined elegantly to achieve your design criteria with maximum economy.
|SPMA||AC IN / AC OUTÂ Drive Module|
|SPMD||DC IN / AC OUT Inverter Module|
|SPMC||AC IN / DC OUT Rectifier Module|
|SM Control Master||Master control module for use with SPMA/D|
|SM Control Slave||Slave control module for use with SPMA/D|
|SPM Power Selector||Automatic selection/de-selection of drive modules|
The NEW SPM Power Selector
The SPM Power Selector is a new addition to the SPM range, it allows the sizing of drive systems to be dynamically modified to suit the application.
- Redundant / fault tolerant systems can beÂ designed, allowing unserviceable units to be isolated, allowing the rest of the system to continue operating,
- Allows a system containing multiple power modules to be dynamically reconfigured, for example, a 330kW drive system containing three power modules in parallelÂ could be reconfigured to controlÂ three 110kW motors.
- The size of the inverterÂ can be dynamically resized, for example, automotive dynamometers are oftenÂ used to test a wide range of vehicles, resizing the inverter to match the required torque improves current measurement resolution and improves test performance.
Low Harmonic Solutions
Control harmonicsÂ throughÂ Active Front End (AFE) solutions orÂ 12, 18 and 24 pulse operation,Â ensuring youÂ meet and exceedÂ supply regulations.
Large power conversion systems are usually bulky and require maintenance personnel to be competent to diagnose problems at component level. Unidrive SP Modular removes this requirement,Â service engineersÂ canÂ exchange compact drive modulesÂ on site for units that have been factory built and tested.
Ultra compact modules allow high power systems to be constructed in existing or non-standard enclosures, for example, it is possible to implement a drive system of between 45kW to 1900kW (60hp â€“ 2,800hp)Â in an enclosure no taller than 1m (40â€³) high.
Environmental Safety and Electrical Conformance
- IP20/Nema 1 rating, IP54 (NEMA 12) through panel mount
- Ambient temperature -15 to +40Â°C, 50Â°C with derating
- Humidity 95% maximum (non condensing) at 40Â°C
- Altitude: 0 to 3000m, derate 1% per 100m between 1000m and 3000m
- Vibration: Tested in accordance with IEC 60068-2-34
- Mechanical ShockTested: In accordance with IEC 60068-2-27
- Storage temperature -40Â°C to 50Â°C
- Electromagnetic Immunity complies with EN 61800-3 and EN 61000-6-2
- Electromagnetic Emissions complies with EN 61800-3 (2nd environment)
- With onboard EMC filter, complies with EN 61800-3 (2nd environment)
- EN 61000-6-3 and EN 61000-6-4 with optional external EMC filter
- IEC 61000-3-4 Supply conditions
- IEC 60146-1-1 Supply conditions
- IEC 61800-5-1 (Power Drive Systems)
- IEC 61131-2 I/O
- EN 60529 Ingress protection
- EN 50178 Electrical safety (future IEC 62103)
- Independently assessed by BIA (machine safety authority) to EN 954-1 cat 3 (Safe Torque Off) EN 81-1 assessed by TÃœV
- EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-4 EMC
- UL508C, UL840