FLSB / FLSLB Series
Motor with wound slip-ring rotor for very high starting torque
Totally enclosed, slip ring, wound rotor three-phase asynchronous motors.
- Power: 37kW to 300kW
- Frames: 280 to 355mm
- Voltage: 230Î”/400VÎ¥, 50Hz (other voltages and frequencies on request).
Standard version IP55.
- Thanks to the insertion of an appropriate rheostat in the rotor circuit, the slip ring, wound rotor motor offers the following possibilities:
- Adapting the motor torque to that of the driven machine
- Tolerant of long starts
- Limits the starting current
- Sets the speed of rotation with the aid of a permanent slip rheostat (consult our technical department for this application).
The slip ring, wound rotor motor does not depend on the stator being connected in order to start. A rheostat is used in order to start a motor.
Leroy-Somer recommends the liquid resistance rheostat known as the Polystart electrolytic starter.
This type of starter inserts a resistance into the rotor circuit, which gradually reduces until it disappears completely by a short-circuit at the end of the starting period. The technical description Â« Transient operation â€“ Starters Â». Caution, the Polystart is not suitable for hoisting applications.
In the selection grids the following values are indicated:
- For a general use in service S3 (FLSB series)
- For a hoisting and handling S4/S5 (FLSLB series).