Alpha Electrics are able to source flameproof and explosion proof motors for hazardous environments. These motors are designed to be capable of efficient operation under heavy stresses
Hazardous industrial environments can place unique strains on AC and DC motors. We will be able to advise you whatever the nature of your business, however it may be worth considering the following factors before you begin:
– Will your new motor be in close proximity to factors such as open flames or combustible particles? If so, would it be worth considering purchasing an explosion proof motor for your industrial environment?
– Is the environmental atmosphere considered flammable? If so, what causes this? Consider things like combustible metallic or plant based dust, chemical particles, and air borne vapours.
– What physical stress factors, if any, need to be taken into consideration? Will the motor be located near vibrating or resonating surfaces? Does the nature of your equipment require high torque or speed demands?
– Will your new motor be exposed to viscous materials such as glues or paints that could build up over time and inhibit its performance?
– Will there be unique load strains that your new motor will need to work with?
We are proud to be associated with leading motor brands that offer you the most robust, reliable and hazard proof motors on the market. Some of these brands include:
A hazardous industrial environment is one where explosive or flammable vapours or particles can be found. Typically this is limited to walls and machine surfaces, or within the atmosphere. With the wrong motor, these combustible pollutants can ignite causing explosions and fires. There are several ways in which this could happen:
– Spray paint booths where vapours in the air would ignite from a spark caused by high environmental temperatures
– Chemical emissions ignited from intense heat levels radiating off a motor’s surface
– Air borne paper or metallic fragments being ignited through sparking across the motor’s air gap
– Flammable liquids ignited through static generated parts of the motor, not equipotentially bonded (such as the integral cooling fan
The Alpha Electrics 1-Year Warranty on all flameproof and explosion proof motors gives you peace of mind and reassurance in the performance of your new motor. In the unlikely event of a fault relating to our repair, you can return it to us free of charge and we will resolve the issue immediately.
Get in touch for assistance with product sourcing & repairs