Repairing an industrial gearbox is a task that calls for skilled technicians. Alpha Electrics can deliver fast, effective repairs to get your business moving in no time.
From quotation to repair:
Our repair process begins with a detailed conversation of the issues you are facing, aided by your images or video of the fault in-situ. We request the model/nameplate details of your industrial gearbox, affording us a better grasp of it’s configuration. If a repair is possible, we aim to have your gearbox back to you within the agreed time period.
Upon receipt of your gearbox, we will conduct a detailed inspection at our premises. You will then receive an inspection report outlining the faults we have found, along with a quotation for replacement parts and repairs.
As soon as you give us the go ahead, we will order in the necessary parts and our team of engineers will then get to work. Upon completion, a repair report is generated highlighting what repairs were undertaken, to ensure your gearbox meets the required standards.
To give you real peace of mind, we provide a full 1-year warranty on your newly repaired gearbox with an ongoing maintenance programme should you require it.
We’re proud to associate our industrial gearbox repair service with some of the biggest brands on the market such as ATEK, Boston Gears, David Brown, Hansen, Hub City, Leroy Somer, Nord, Rehfuss, Rossi, SEW, Eurodrive and Transtecno. You can trust our highly-skilled engineers to work on your faulty gearbox to a high standard.
A faulty gearbox can be notoriously complex to repair, whether it is overheating from lack of lubrication oil or damage to the internal gears and/or bearings. Typically however, we find the following issues when inspecting faulty gearboxes:
– Lubrication oil can become dry when not replenished, causing the internal parts to overheat
– Worn out bearings, due to overuse and excessive heavy loading
– Mechanical parts seizing or locking up and in turn causing damage to the gear or cog arrangement
– Worn out gear wheels in need of replacement
– Excessive load strains exceeding safety limits
– Gearbox shafts become fatigued
Our engineers have the experience required to work with the complex challenges industrial gearboxes present. We have worked across a variety of sectors repairing gearboxes for many varying applications such as:
– Conveyance systems for parcel sorting houses, airports and factories etc
– Distribution centres and warehouse storage
– Agricultural products like hoppers, de-stoners and peelers
– Construction equipment ranging from drilling machines to sand washers and tower cranes
– Mining equipment like transporter belts and excavators
– Extrusion machines
– Food processing plants
– Precision engineering applications
The Alpha Electrics 1-Year Warranty on all repairs gives you peace of mind and reassurance in the work we carry out on your gearbox. In the unlikely event of a fault relating to our repair, you can return it to us free of charge and we will resolve the issue immediately.